https://www.proz.com/forum/transit_support/62834-transit_smart_xv_how_to_save_a_project.html

Transit Smart XV - How to save a project?
Thread poster: Heike Steffens
Heike Steffens
Heike Steffens  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:00
Italian to German
+ ...
Jan 6, 2007

Dear colleagues,

I just bought the above complete version of Transit after having used the Satellite-PE one before.
Is there any way (there MUST be!) to save the actual project, i. e. in order to transfer it to my laptop in case I need to continue working while I'm not at home, or just for safety reasons, should my PC crash?

The only way I've found so far is to copy all the directories of the Transi
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I just bought the above complete version of Transit after having used the Satellite-PE one before.
Is there any way (there MUST be!) to save the actual project, i. e. in order to transfer it to my laptop in case I need to continue working while I'm not at home, or just for safety reasons, should my PC crash?

The only way I've found so far is to copy all the directories of the Transit directory and paste them in the respective one on my laptop. I can't imagine that this is the right and only way.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
TIA and have a nice weekend
Heike
Collapse

László Kovács
László Kovács  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Copy folder structure Jan 7, 2007

There is no other way to copy a project in Transit Smart XV.

Transit Professional supports sending translation "kits" to other Transit versions, but it costs much more than Smart version.

In fact, you need to copy the following files:

- .PRJ file (located in Config folder of Transit installation dir)
- Glossaries located in DB folder of Transit installation dir
- Full folder of the project (located in Projects folder of Transit installation dir)
... See more
There is no other way to copy a project in Transit Smart XV.

Transit Professional supports sending translation "kits" to other Transit versions, but it costs much more than Smart version.

In fact, you need to copy the following files:

- .PRJ file (located in Config folder of Transit installation dir)
- Glossaries located in DB folder of Transit installation dir
- Full folder of the project (located in Projects folder of Transit installation dir)

Be careful, Transit should be installed to the same path on desktop and laptop machine.

When you finished work on you laptop, you should copy back the folder of project only (subfolder of Projects folder).

I hope this helps

Laszlo
Collapse

Heike Steffens
Heike Steffens  Identity Verified
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 7, 2007

Thank you very much for your kind reply, László!

So I think I have to go this awfully unpractical way... That's a real disadvantage of Transit, at least comparing it to Trados, but well, we will have to live with it.

Thanks again and all the best.
Heike

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit Smart XV - How to save a project?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »