https://www.proz.com/forum/transit_support/64304-placeables_in_transit_satellite_pe.html

"Placeables" in Transit Satellite PE?
Thread poster: Doron Greenspan MITI
Doron Greenspan MITI
Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 15:28
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Jan 25, 2007

Hi,

I'm an 'old hand' in Trados, and recently learnt to use Transit Satellite PE.

I've now received a .pxf file with lots of HTML tags, and my question is: how do I 'transfer' them into the target text?

(I mean in a similar way to the Ctrl+Alt+down arrow in TagEditor or Translators Workbench.)

Thanks, Doron

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:28
German to English
+ ...
is your view correct? Jan 26, 2007

Hi Doron,
the tags should already be embedded in the target text. Perhaps you do not have them displayed correctly.

Make sure your target text window is active, then go to

View > Display/Hide attributes

and click on

Tags > display full tags (note that you can also deactivate tag protection)

You can switch them on in the source window as well using the same method (once the source window is active).

Hope this s
... See more
Hi Doron,
the tags should already be embedded in the target text. Perhaps you do not have them displayed correctly.

Make sure your target text window is active, then go to

View > Display/Hide attributes

and click on

Tags > display full tags (note that you can also deactivate tag protection)

You can switch them on in the source window as well using the same method (once the source window is active).

Hope this solves your problem.

Jill
Collapse

Doron Greenspan MITI
Doron Greenspan MITI  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 15:28
Member (2005)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Indeed... Jan 26, 2007

My view was not right, and now, thanks to your kind advice, I can see it all.

My view was also incorrect regarding Transit, which is better than I suspected, although still somewhat unfriendly to use.

Thanks, Doron

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 14:28
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
"unfriendly to use." Mar 30, 2007

Hm... when I was in Paris the first time around, French was rather unfriendly to me too...I mean, I share your sentiment - it's so darn nerving to unlearn ctrl+Alt+down and learn a new set of shortcuts....

Of course the same applies to hard-core Transit (DejaVu, SDL ...) users, when they hit the TRADOS wall...

There's been cases I simply asked gods up the food chain, NOT to send me the pxfs anymore, but rather the source, and I delivered TMX (or something equivalent).
... See more
Hm... when I was in Paris the first time around, French was rather unfriendly to me too...I mean, I share your sentiment - it's so darn nerving to unlearn ctrl+Alt+down and learn a new set of shortcuts....

Of course the same applies to hard-core Transit (DejaVu, SDL ...) users, when they hit the TRADOS wall...

There's been cases I simply asked gods up the food chain, NOT to send me the pxfs anymore, but rather the source, and I delivered TMX (or something equivalent).

btw, Transit PE is a poorman's TRADOS (costs nothing, so no insult meant) ... actually makes a good business model with a central Transit VX (or whatchamacallit) and pxfs being farmed out to the slaves to be harvested again in the central facility... Plus, you never get shafted for not formatting the target DOC the way the agents would like it to look.

[Edited at 2007-03-30 19:50]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Placeables" in Transit Satellite PE?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »