hatipovic
Local time: 14:06
German to Bosnian
+ ...
May 11, 2007

Hi,
please take a look at this problem:
http://halfprice.habra.com/Mirza/Bugs/wrongOrder.jpg

The FMT check tells me always that the order of tags is wrong in this segment but I cant see that! As you can see in the image, all tags are in the correct order, opening tags follows the closing tag so I don't have a clue whats going on here!

By the way,
... See more
Hi,
please take a look at this problem:
http://halfprice.habra.com/Mirza/Bugs/wrongOrder.jpg

The FMT check tells me always that the order of tags is wrong in this segment but I cant see that! As you can see in the image, all tags are in the correct order, opening tags follows the closing tag so I don't have a clue whats going on here!

By the way, is there an automated way in Transit to check and correct those tags?

Regards,
Mirza
Collapse

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
jpg not very informative May 11, 2007

Hi Mirza,

Try a screen short with source + target languages visible. It will then be easier to compare differences.
What happens when you export the text? Do you get errors, is the text OK? It looks as if the first part of the tag is missing so that the on/off tags are out of sync. This happens to me when I use fuzzy matches with Trados presegmentation, e.g. bold.

Cheers,
Jill

hatipovic
hatipovic
German to Bosnian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
new jpg May 11, 2007

here it is:
http://halfprice.habra.com/Mirza/Bugs/wrongOrder_2.jpg

any advice...?

Gillian Scheibelein
Gillian Scheibelein  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
can't see any error May 11, 2007

Hi Mirza,

this is really weird, the tags look identical. The preceeding and suceeding segments are OK as well. What happens when you export?

BTW, I work with "segments as list" (under view) as I find it easier to compare segments.

Sorry I couldn't help you. Try posting on the Yahoo group, may someone there can.

Cheers
JIll

Luca Ruella
Luca Ruella  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
not necessarily important May 11, 2007

Gillian Scheibelein wrote:

Hi Mirza,

this is really weird, the tags look identical. The preceeding and suceeding segments are OK as well. What happens when you export?

BTW, I work with "segments as list" (under view) as I find it easier to compare segments.

Sorry I couldn't help you. Try posting on the Yahoo group, may someone there can.

Cheers
JIll

The error "wrong order of tags" is often not a critical one. Often, when you export the file, nothing is wrong.

If in doubt, use the combination control alt backspace to restore source segment and rewrite translation in the correct position

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is wrong with those tags?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »