hatipovic
Local time: 15:11
German to Bosnian
+ ...
Oct 7, 2007

Hello,
please take a look here:

http://halfprice.habra.com/Mirza/Bugs/notthere.jpg

I had several lang. pairs here inside the lang pair window. Now suddenly they dissapeared there should be about 14. I even browsed for them and cannot find them.

Why?

Regards,
Mirza

Roberto Bertuol
Roberto Bertuol  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:11
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
language pairs Oct 8, 2007

Hi,

The language pairs of your project by default are saved in a projet folder with the name of the project under (supposed your drive is called C:\) C:\Programs\TransitXV\Projects\.
Should you not find the project under the above directory, then try doing a search for the missing files (don't know what you're translating from and into). If you find them, the easiest way is to re-receive the project (provided you were sent a .pxf) and then overwrite the language pairs with the
... See more
Hi,

The language pairs of your project by default are saved in a projet folder with the name of the project under (supposed your drive is called C:\) C:\Programs\TransitXV\Projects\.
Should you not find the project under the above directory, then try doing a search for the missing files (don't know what you're translating from and into). If you find them, the easiest way is to re-receive the project (provided you were sent a .pxf) and then overwrite the language pairs with the old one on which you had already done some work.

Language pairs, usually do not disappear. This happens when we change the path of the project.

Sorry but with this little info, this is my best guess.

Best,

Roberto
Collapse

hatipovic
hatipovic
German to Bosnian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:-) Oct 8, 2007

thats what I did before you posted this, and it worked, thanks anyway!

Ilde Grimaldi
Ilde Grimaldi  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
it happened to me many times and I wish to understand the reason Oct 9, 2007

Roberto Bertuol wrote:

Language pairs, usually do not disappear. This happens when we change the path of the project.

Roberto

usually.....
It has happened to me many times (but the files were still available in the relevant directory). I mean I see this same figure shown on the left
http://halfprice.habra.com/Mirza/Bugs/notthere.jpg

but the files are where they should be if I search with Windows Explorer (figure on the right)

This is terrible because if you are used to open them in a single window and the project has many subdirectory, it is not possible to open the file all together and takes much time. BESIDES: if you manually select the files, you cannot execute a status (to check how many words are missing) and you cannot export as tmx, because the files are not included in the project.

Some times, of all files of a project in the same directory, only three of them appear.
It would be great if someone could explain why this happen etc.

PS: I always create a personal path for the projects, in a different drive (I don't wnat the projects to be saved on C:\, where I only wish to have programs).

[Edited at 2007-10-09 11:47]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lang Pairs suddenly dissapeared in Transit XV

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »