Thread poster: BeLocalized

BeLocalized  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 13:38
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 26, 2007

Hi Colleagues,

Is it feasible to use Transit XV PXF files with Trados TagEditor?
Is there any way to convert them to any format recognizable to TagEditor?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
Muhammad

Direct link Reply with quote

Jing Nie
China
Local time: 19:38
Member (2011)
English to Chinese
+ ...
PlusToyz Dec 26, 2007

Hi, You may try PlusToys, it can convert the PXF file into the trados like segmented text and back.

you may download it here.

http://syntax.webline.pl/plustoyz.html

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Transit XV PXF files with Trados TagEditor Dec 27, 2007

Is it feasible to use Transit XV PXF files with Trados TagEditor?

On my profile http://www.proz.com/profile/91005 you will find the URL to download PlusToyz ( (c) Arkadij Visotski) plugin for Word that includes also STAR TRANSIT project to Trados-like segmented text conversion and back.

I used it once or twice and it works. I did it because of translation memories I've had available to pretranslate the material, once it it is in TRADOS-compatible format.

The alternative is to ask some good soul on ProZ to take your project file and export it using XV version - I assume you have Transit PE available only -.

Regards

Vito

Andrej  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:38
Member (2005)
German to Russian
+ ...
. Dec 27, 2007

See here: http://ideas.sdltrados.com/ideas/detail.asp?i=344

Vito Smolej wrote:

The alternative is to ask some good soul on ProZ to take your project file and export it using XV version - I assume you have Transit PE available only

Is not possible.

[Edited at 2007-12-27 08:02]

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Eppur si muove Dec 27, 2007

Is not possible.

I can vouch for the opposite, i.e. that it is possible. To be as exact I can be:
i) PXF needs to be expanded on XV to a real Transit project
ii) the language files can be then exported/imported
iii) once imported back, TXF can be created for delivery

But ... it's not something I would suggest you do at your home.

Regards

Vito

KSL Berlin  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:38
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
PXF files are actually renamed ZIP files Jan 2, 2008

You can rename the extension, open up the archive with WinZip or another tool and then translate the target language files, which will actually be in an XML format. If you are using Trados, you can find specific details on this approach if you search the Yahoogroups forum for Trados Workbench users. The TXF delivery files are also just renamed ZIP files.

Peter Wezel
Russian to Dutch
+ ...
Handling PXF files Jan 4, 2008

The information that a PXF file is actually a ZIP file is a real eye-opener for me. When working in the Transit Satellite version with more than one person (2 translators or translator and proofreader) we always struggled with exchanging the correct files. Now we can just send each other the TXF file, extract the required files from the TXF file and replace them in our project structure. Thank you very much, Kevin!

I tried to use PlusToys for conversion of XML files from Transit Satellite to Trados format. The version from syntax.webline.pl did not work, but the version from Vito Smolej's profile did. Unfortunately the converted files did not have the correct styles, since the source XML files were not in a standard format. E.g. CDATA tags were formatted as tw4winInternal, while they actually contained transltable text. But the conversion may work fine for standard XML files. Thanks to Arkadi.

james gault
Local time: 07:38
English
hi every one Jan 9, 2008

mabe some one can help me im james from usa south carolina ..is there any one out there that has some pxf.files i can get of them like pitures of diffrent things im running a autocade on my burntable i built and i want to try some pxf.files out on them.if you can help me thank you if not thank you anyways and have a good day .my email address is jamesandkimg@aol.com thanks.

JUJUBE
English
export to what? Jan 7, 2009

[quote]Vito Smolej wrote:

...to take your project file and export it using XV version...

Dear Vito,

It seems that transit XV can export the project file to a format that can be edited with Trados, is it right?

Regards,
JUJUBE

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Use PXF files with TagEditor!

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search