https://www.proz.com/forum/transit_support/93268-transit_transit_satellite_pe_version_3267_and_shortcuts.html

Transit (Transit Satellite PE) version 3,267 and shortcuts.
Thread poster: lg-eu
lg-eu
lg-eu
English
Jan 4, 2008

I’m new to transit and have a little problem. I have read the manual and seen the tutorial, but I can’t find a way to build my own shortcuts. I need a shortcut for “delete to End of Segment”, the very first button in the menu. I have found almost any other shortcut, but this particular key is not mentioned, I think …
By the way, is there any way to make your own shortcut or edit the existing shortcuts? I work a lot in Trados Workbench and tageditor and it would be nice, if the m
... See more
I’m new to transit and have a little problem. I have read the manual and seen the tutorial, but I can’t find a way to build my own shortcuts. I need a shortcut for “delete to End of Segment”, the very first button in the menu. I have found almost any other shortcut, but this particular key is not mentioned, I think …
By the way, is there any way to make your own shortcut or edit the existing shortcuts? I work a lot in Trados Workbench and tageditor and it would be nice, if the major shortcuts could be identical.
Collapse

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 16:04
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
My own experience with PE Transit Jan 5, 2008

I need a shortcut for “delete to End of Segment”

try SHIFT+END (to highlight to the end of the segment) and then DEL
By the way, is there any way to make your own shortcut or edit the existing shortcuts?

Sigh ... I am pretty sure, the answer is no, because I have asked the same question some time ago and got just negative answers.

Regards

Vito

lg-eu
lg-eu
English
TOPIC STARTER
Odd ... Jan 6, 2008

It's very odd that the program not contains a shortcut for this. The program even got at button in the menu for the funktion. I just have to owerwrite instead. That way there wont be so many words to delete. And even more odd, that it dont contain a possibility to make your own keys.

Sigh ...

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 16:04
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Satellite is a free version Jan 7, 2008

Apart from many other functions available in higher (rather expensive) versions, you can use macros created by others in Smart, and make your own macros in Professional.

And, of course, there are possibilities to use "generic Windows hot-key macros".

Antonin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit (Transit Satellite PE) version 3,267 and shortcuts.

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »