Counting repetitions in TRANSIT
Thread poster: JennyItaly
JennyItaly
Local time: 18:41
Italian to English
Mar 6, 2008

Morning all!
sorry I am very new to TRANSIT XV Workstation (usually use TRADOS) and I just can't seem to calculate the repetitions and fuzzy properly.

I have been sent 4 manuals .. partiallly pre-translated .. and in what is left to translate there are definitely 100% repetitions etc.

I can only seem to get info in the status window on NOT translated PreTranslated Total etc.

Is there a way of calculating how many repetitions there are among the 4 manuals please ??

(Apologise if the menu names are wrong ... this programme is not an English Version)

Thanks in advance

Jen

Direct link Reply with quote

Francesco Volpe  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Transit Mar 7, 2008

Hi

under Projects> Status > Transit reports you can view these details.

Hope this helps.

Ciao

Francesco

JennyItaly
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Mar 7, 2008

thanks Francesco ...
I checked there but I have 3 columns only (if I am not mistaken) ... imported-untranslated / translated / total.

If I have 4 files and I want to check the 100% repetitions in those still to be translated ... how do I do that please?

have a great weekend!
jen

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
a bit more subtle Mar 7, 2008

(1) You have to change "progress" to "import" in the "Report type" field.

(2) Be careful - the Transit default is counting repetitions from three up; you should adjust the setting of "Repetition count limit" to "1" on the "Fuzzy/Repetition" tab after hitting the "Define" button in the "Transit reports" dialogue window.

HTH

Antonin

JennyItaly
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 8, 2008

Thanks Antonin

I tried that .. I put import and just got 0 everwhere in every column..
Perhaps I should speak to the agency who sent this .... to see what settings they use

Thanks for your help

Jen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Counting repetitions in TRANSIT

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search