Article: How to Organize an ID Verification Pow-wow
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
Local time: 02:28
SITE STAFF
Jun 29, 2005

This topic is for discussion of the ProZ.com translation article "How to Organize an ID Verification Pow-wow".

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 06:28
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Requirements Nov 13, 2005

Hello Proz guys,

From what I have heard and read so far, it seeems POW-WOWS are a good thing. I have never attended one, though. The closest one held in this area was in Buenos Aires, and I couldn´t go. Traveling makes it difficult because of the need of time and money.

No POW-WOW has been held in Montevideo yet. I have checked and found out that there are more than 100 Proz members in Uruguay already. The Uruguayan Proz Community has become an important part of Proz. A Pow-wow can be a good way of giving shape and self awarness to this community, I believe.

In order to make up my mind about organizing one, I´d like to know if a speaker and/or a special topic or theme are required. Or can it just be a social gathering? I read the FAQ about this, and the information seems contradictory to me.

Thank you for your help.

Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 06:28
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
No, thanks. Nov 16, 2005

Well, I have read all there is about Pow-wows. I think most of my questions have already been answered.
Unfortunately, I did not get even one single answer or comment or disagree from any Proz staff member.

Thank you anyway, guys. No need now.

Walter

[Edited at 2005-11-16 04:45]

Suzanne Deliscar  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:28
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thank You for This Summary Feb 25, 2009

I have organized the first PowWow I have attended, which will be in Toronto on February 26. I am happy to be able to carry out ID Verification there as well, and Parrot's article was a very good summary on how to do this.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Article: How to Organize an ID Verification Pow-wow

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search