How much did you spend on 'Skills Development and Knowledge' as defined in the PD catalogue?
Thread poster: Guofei_LIN

Guofei_LIN  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 05:47
Chinese
Apr 3

I'm just starting on my first 3-year PD development journey. In the first category of PD catalogue “Skills Development and Knowledge”, you have to 'attend a formal training session, workshop or seminar' if you want to earn the required 30 points. I'm not sure what kinds of such sessions/workshops are available out there and how much I would need to budget for earning this 30 points? Anybody has any idea?

I just saw a 4-day training session in China which costs about A$745.00 and wonder if I should take part in the training, not that I expect it will be of any help to me, but it will kill two birds with one stone: I will be earning 40 points under category 1 and another 20 points under category 3 for "spending 4 weeks or more in a LOTE country"( I plan to spend 4 weeks + 1 day).

[Edited at 2018-04-03 05:38 GMT]

Dylan Jan Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Looking forward to hearing about this Apr 3

I'm just at the beginning of this process and would love to hear the experiences of others during their PD.

All I've done so far is to click join on the AUSIT events that are emailed to me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How much did you spend on 'Skills Development and Knowledge' as defined in the PD catalogue?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search