Why CTTIC is reluctant to go computerized regarding the certification exam
Thread poster: pikachupichu

pikachupichu  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 13:47
English to Japanese
+ ...
Oct 30, 2012

As ATA is now implementing the keyboarded setting exam for certification on trial base, I noted that CTTIC is more reluctant to go computerized.

As Canadian association is under provincial jurisdictions, do you know any of Canadian provincial association is planning to implement the certification exam for translators with keyboarded setting?

I realize that On-Dossier is a way for me. However, like BC, I may encounter problems because most of my acquaintances are competitors so that they could decline to endorse me.

Reference: http://www.proz.com/forum/internet_for_translators/223214-certification_exam_which_is_computerized_instead_of_handwriting.html

[Edited at 2012-10-31 07:08 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ewa Olszowa  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:47
Polish to English
+ ...
Not very soon... Oct 31, 2012

There is an article with regard to this issue in ATIO bulletin (p. 6).

http://www.atio.on.ca/informatio/issues/volume41.2.pdf

pikachupichu  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 13:47
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Canadians seems not to be ahead of American Oct 31, 2012

It seems that Canadian association is not going ahead of American counterpart.

Is even an exceptional seating with keyboarded setting not available for handicapped translators?

I am not too sure if ATA grants a license to CTTIC, as ATA spent a lot of money and hours to develop their own system.

I may try IoL.

[Edited at 2012-10-31 05:23 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why CTTIC is reluctant to go computerized regarding the certification exam

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search