Thread poster: pikachupichu
pikachupichu
pikachupichu  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 11:04
English to Japanese
+ ...
Oct 30, 2012

As ATA is now implementing the keyboarded setting exam for certification on trial base, I noted that CTTIC is more reluctant to go computerized.

As Canadian association is under provincial jurisdictions, do you know any of Canadian provincial association is planning to implement the certification exam for translators with keyboarded setting?

I realize that On-Dossier is a way for me. However, like BC, I may encounter problems because most of my acquaintances are compet
... See more
As ATA is now implementing the keyboarded setting exam for certification on trial base, I noted that CTTIC is more reluctant to go computerized.

As Canadian association is under provincial jurisdictions, do you know any of Canadian provincial association is planning to implement the certification exam for translators with keyboarded setting?

I realize that On-Dossier is a way for me. However, like BC, I may encounter problems because most of my acquaintances are competitors so that they could decline to endorse me.

Reference: http://www.proz.com/forum/internet_for_translators/223214-certification_exam_which_is_computerized_instead_of_handwriting.html

[Edited at 2012-10-31 07:08 GMT]
Collapse

Ewa Olszowa
Ewa Olszowa  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:04
Polish to English
+ ...
Not very soon... Oct 31, 2012

There is an article with regard to this issue in ATIO bulletin (p. 6).

http://www.atio.on.ca/informatio/issues/volume41.2.pdf

pikachupichu
pikachupichu  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 11:04
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Canadians seems not to be ahead of American Oct 31, 2012

It seems that Canadian association is not going ahead of American counterpart.

Is even an exceptional seating with keyboarded setting not available for handicapped translators?

I am not too sure if ATA grants a license to CTTIC, as ATA spent a lot of money and hours to develop their own system.

I may try IoL.

[Edited at 2012-10-31 05:23 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why CTTIC is reluctant to go computerized regarding the certification exam

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »