Looking for English-to-Quebec French translators for Translation Studies research.
Thread poster: Caoimghin
Caoimghin
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:15
English to French
+ ...
Jul 5

Hello everybody

As the title suggests I am looking for participants regarding a linguistic research that I am conducting over the summer as part of my M.A in Translation Studies at the University of Hull, UK. The data collection consists of a questionnaire which aims to find out about Canadian translators' perception on the French language and on their use of it when performing translation. The results will be linked to translation strategies and the notion of translational norms pertaining to specific French varieties. The questionnaire contains 11 questions formulated in English, although they can also be answered in French according to your preference.

If you happen to be interested in partaking in this research, feel free to inbox me or email me at K.marceau@2016.hull.uk and I would be glad to send you the questionnaire over as well as all the specifics that you should require. Your experience and opinion will be highly valued and will hopefully contribute to open up new doors in the field of Translation Studies. Anyone with semi-professional and professional experience are more than welcome to get in touch with me.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kevin Marceau - University of Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, UK.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for English-to-Quebec French translators for Translation Studies research.

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search