DPSI - Diploma In Public Service Interpreting
Thread poster: Victor S

Victor S
Local time: 08:24
Aug 19, 2009

Hi everyone


planning on passing the DPSI exam and looking for courses available in London. Found quite a few of them, big difference in enrolment fees... Really difficult to choose one. Feedback from anyone who's taken the course would help enormously.


I need to find something really soon, so please reply ASAP


Thank you in advance


 

Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:24
Italian to English
Welcome Aug 19, 2009

Hi Victor

Welcome to the site and this forum.
If you need help finding your way around, do let me know.
Sorry I can't help with your question myself; I hope others will shortly.
Best wishes

Russell Jones
Moderator


 

Victor S
Local time: 08:24
TOPIC STARTER
thnx Aug 19, 2009

Russell Jones wrote:

Hi Victor

Welcome to the site and this forum.
If you need help finding your way around, do let me know.
Sorry I can't help with your question myself; I hope others will shortly.
Best wishes

Russell Jones
Moderator



Hi Russell. Thank you!

[Edited at 2009-08-19 18:54 GMT]


 
DPSI courses in London Aug 20, 2009

Hi Victor.
If you do a search on the interpreting forum I think you will find a lot of useful information about the DPSI and preparation courses.
I did the course at the College of North West London, it was very expensive but very good. I’ve heard Middlesex University is also good. London Metropolitan University also run short courses and I’ve heard they are very good. I wouldn’t recommend Hammersmith and Fulham but I rather not go into details here.
Make sure you read the DPSI Handbook.
http://www.iol.org.uk/qualifications/exams_dpsi.asp


Good luck!icon_smile.gif


 

Victor S
Local time: 08:24
TOPIC STARTER
hi Aug 20, 2009

Trans_Interp wrote:

Hi Victor.
If you do a search on the interpreting forum I think you will find a lot of useful information about the DPSI and preparation courses.
I did the course at the College of North West London, it was very expensive but very good. I’ve heard Middlesex University is also good. London Metropolitan University also run short courses and I’ve heard they are very good. I wouldn’t recommend Hammersmith and Fulham but I rather not go into details here.
Make sure you read the DPSI Handbook.
http://www.iol.org.uk/qualifications/exams_dpsi.asp


Good luck!icon_smile.gif



Hi! Thank you very much. What was the price for the course at CNWL?


 

juvera  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:24
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Help yourself Aug 21, 2009

Victor S wrote:
What was the price for the course at CNWL?


What IS the price of the course?
www.cnwl.ac.uk/onlineapps/fact_view.aspx?qual_id...


 

Victor S
Local time: 08:24
TOPIC STARTER
thnx Aug 22, 2009

juvera wrote:

Victor S wrote:
What was the price for the course at CNWL?


What IS the price of the course?
www.cnwl.ac.uk/onlineapps/fact_view.aspx?qual_id...


thank you )


 

ElenaPiu  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:24
Russian to English
+ ...
Hammersmith and Fulham Sep 22, 2010

Trans_Interp wrote:

Hi Victor.
If you do a search on the interpreting forum I think you will find a lot of useful information about the DPSI and preparation courses.
I did the course at the College of North West London, it was very expensive but very good. I’ve heard Middlesex University is also good. London Metropolitan University also run short courses and I’ve heard they are very good. I wouldn’t recommend Hammersmith and Fulham but I rather not go into details here.
Make sure you read the DPSI Handbook.
http://www.iol.org.uk/qualifications/exams_dpsi.asp


Good luck!icon_smile.gif


Hi there!

I know this post is quite old but I am thinking of going to Hammersmith and Fulham colledge on a DPSI course very soon..

Please can you tell why you would not recommend it?

Many thanks,
Elena


 

Rafael Asher
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:24
DIPSI Courses in London Jun 24, 2014

I'd like to resurrect this topic if it possible. Does anyone out there have views on which would be the most appropriate centre at which to study for legal interpreting in London? I note there were previous reservations about one particular institution.

 

MagdalenaMaja
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:24
Polish to English
+ ...
DPSI course in London Sep 2, 2015

Hi, I am new to this forum and I am also looking for a good DPSI course provider in London.
Currently, I consider two options: South Thames College or Hammersmith an Fulham.

Could anyone share their experience, please?

Regards,
MM


 


There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »


DPSI - Diploma In Public Service Interpreting

Advanced search






CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search