Chiara Mazza
Chiara Mazza
Italy
Local time: 17:57
German to Italian
+ ...
May 10, 2010

Hello everyboby,

do any of you know if there are any serious and reliable online English-Italian translation courses (University BA, MA, or other institutions) I could attend? I tried looking for such courses in my country, but they are being offered by professionals or institutions no one on PROZ ever heard of. As for the universities, relocating to an other city and having no job besides waitressing, as I would have to stay the whole day long at the faculty, would be highley impos
... See more
Hello everyboby,

do any of you know if there are any serious and reliable online English-Italian translation courses (University BA, MA, or other institutions) I could attend? I tried looking for such courses in my country, but they are being offered by professionals or institutions no one on PROZ ever heard of. As for the universities, relocating to an other city and having no job besides waitressing, as I would have to stay the whole day long at the faculty, would be highley impossible. Besides, I am not 25 years old and need a 35-40 h/week job to pay for my expenses.

Greetings from Italy,
Chiara
Collapse

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:57
Italian to English
List May 10, 2010

Dear Chiara

Here is a list of University translation courses in the UK:
http://www.lexicool.com/courses_uk.asp
You will have to search them yourself to find any that offer English to Italian but it would not surprise me to find that none of them does.
You will see that these are all higher degrees; in other words you would almost certainly need a first degree in langu
... See more
Dear Chiara

Here is a list of University translation courses in the UK:
http://www.lexicool.com/courses_uk.asp
You will have to search them yourself to find any that offer English to Italian but it would not surprise me to find that none of them does.
You will see that these are all higher degrees; in other words you would almost certainly need a first degree in languages, with a good grade, to be accepted.
Many students do have part time jobs but University attendance is normally more structured in the UK than in Italy; there may be courses on the list, though, that do accommodate part-time or distance learning.
Collapse

Christine Schmit (X)
Christine Schmit (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to French
+ ...
List of online translation courses May 11, 2010

Dear Chiara,

I have compiled a list of online translation courses on my blog http://www.polyglot-blog.com/2008/12/29/distance-learning-courses-for-translators-and-interpreters/
There are a few courses offered by Italian universities and the City University in London also offers a distance learning course in the English
... See more
Dear Chiara,

I have compiled a list of online translation courses on my blog http://www.polyglot-blog.com/2008/12/29/distance-learning-courses-for-translators-and-interpreters/
There are a few courses offered by Italian universities and the City University in London also offers a distance learning course in the English-Italian pair.
Good luck!

Christine
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Looking for online translation courses

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »