Mobile internet in the UK (for a laptop with a SIM slot)
Thread poster: Estefanía González

Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:09
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 13, 2011

Hi everyone,

I just moved from Germany to London. I will be getting a telephone and internet provider in the next couple of days but in the meantime, I am looking for an internet provider, which offers pay as you go mobile internet services.

I have a laptop with an integrated SIM slot. Which provider does offer SIM cards for laptops to have mobile internet access?

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards,

Estefanía

Direct link Reply with quote

NR_Stedman  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:09
French to English
They all do Oct 13, 2011

When I'm in the UK I use Vodaphone pay-as-you go internet which costs me about £10 a month. The SIM is free if you get a £10 top up.
PS It may be a good idea to use your mobile phone to check the signal strengths of the different operators in your own home before choosing. Vodaphone has an excellent coverage in the UK.

[Edited at 2011-10-13 15:04 GMT]

RobinB  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:09
German to English
Try T-Mobile Oct 13, 2011

I used to use a Vodafone UMTS stick when I was in the UK, but switched to a T-Mobile pay-as-you-go UMTS stick last year because of far better coverage and signal strength. So I'd say that T-Mobile may be the better provider for data transmission (I'd also recommend a UMTS stick in preference to an internal SIM slot).

HTH,
Robin

Camelia Colnic  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:09
Romanian to English
+ ...
3 (Three) Oct 13, 2011

3 (Three) is good. I used that a lot for my PC.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Mobile internet in the UK (for a laptop with a SIM slot)

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search