Can we outsource our translation as a freelancer?
Thread poster:
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:48
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 9, 2013

I am thinking of registering as a sole trader and open a translation services (like an agency). However I don't expect this services to be a limited company and most of the time I am still working with other agencies to get jobs and I would work mostly by myself.

If I ever get some local clients and I would like to ask for help to complete the projects, are other translators my employees? Will the expense that I pay those translators be counted as deductible (or allowable) expenses for tax purposes? And do I have to register for PAYE for them?

Also, just to get your advices, how do you get direct clients? I have hardly been able to do so. Since I want to this to be my main job so I need to find a way to get more clients. Any experience and ideas will be welcomed.

Direct link Reply with quote

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Can we outsource our translation as a freelancer?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search