coworking space for translators in London
Thread poster: nynkehendriks
nynkehendriks  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:00
Apr 27, 2014

Hello,

Are you tired of working from home and looking for a more inspiring work environment with fellow translators in London?

I would like to set up or join a coworking space for translators in London and would love to hear from you. Before moving to London three and a half years ago, I lived in Amsterdam where I set up such a space with 7 fellow freelancers and it was a great place to work, I miss it and would like to embark on a similar quest in London for an ideal work place.

Ideally it would be a shared space for 6 to 10 translators depending on interest. Approximate cost estimate: 250 pounds per month including Internet and bills. Probably in the Kings X area for its accessibility from different parts of London, but area to be decided, depending on interest.

If you are interested or would like more information, please contact me at nynke@hendriks-james.nl

Nynke

Direct link Reply with quote

Hannah D  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
I'm in! Jun 19, 2014

Hello Nynke,

I'm not sure if you're still around, but I sent you an email!

For any other London-based translators out there interested in doing something like this, please feel free to send me a message.

I've already found some very inexpensive (50 GBP/month) space that is fairly central, which could be perfect for a group of us to meet 2/3 times a week.

Hannah

maxokoop
United Kingdom
Chinese to English
Plus. Jul 11, 2014

Hi Nynke and all,

You will be appreciated if vacancy for me can be kept for similar thing, my contact is maxokoop@gmail.com and my pair is Chinese English with more than 20 years on lots of subjects.

Maxo

Alex Bradbury
French to English
+ ...
Translator coworking in London May 28

This is an old thread, but did any of you end up setting up a coworking space for translators? Or is there anyone else out there with such a space / interested in creating one? I'm a London-based freelancer (German/French>English) who'd love to be part of a little translator community, even if it's just sharing office space and the occasional chinwag over a coffee. And I wouldn't be averse to some collaboration if the opportunity arose My email is alex.bradbury@yahoo.com.

Angela Rimmer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
German to English
+ ...
London translators May 29

Alex Bradbury wrote:

This is an old thread, but did any of you end up setting up a coworking space for translators? Or is there anyone else out there with such a space / interested in creating one? I'm a London-based freelancer (German/French>English) who'd love to be part of a little translator community, even if it's just sharing office space and the occasional chinwag over a coffee. And I wouldn't be averse to some collaboration if the opportunity arose My email is alex.bradbury@yahoo.com.

Hey Alex,

I don't live in London myself but a translator friend of mine recently moved there and was looking for something similar (he also does German>English along with a slew of Scandinavian languages). Do you mind if I pass on your email address to him and he can get in touch with you if he's still interested?

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

coworking space for translators in London

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search