Birthday of Edith Grossman, Spanish to English translator, marked by short bio on Garrison Keillor's "Writer's Almanac"

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Birthday of Edith Grossman, Spanish to English translator, marked by short bio on Garrison Keillor's "Writer's Almanac"".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

l Gaston l  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:39
Afrikaans to Ancient Hebrew
+ ...
Mar 25, 2010

Thanks Jessica for sharing this!

Direct link Reply with quote Turn social sharing on.
Like 11

Jenni Lukac  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:39
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 31, 2010

Dear Jessica, Thanks for sharing the story from Garrison Keillor's web site and for making me aware that it exists. Here in Spain there are many "bachelor (not Norwegian) farmers that make me nostalgic for NPR and the "Prarie Home Companion". Edith Grossman is an inspiration. I'll be checking what's new in the Writer's Almanac from now on.

Like 17

John Marais  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 31, 2010

Thanks Jessica. I I have unknowingly read many of her translations.

Like 3

Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:39
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 4, 2010

Thanks for the link, Jessica. She truly is one of the giants of Spanish-to-English literary translation.

Like 10

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Birthday of Edith Grossman, Spanish to English translator, marked by short bio on Garrison Keillor's "Writer's Almanac"

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search