What does the future hold for translation?

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "What does the future hold for translation?".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 18:40
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 22, 2010

I certainly agee with this statement.

Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 22:40
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
Need to understand culture... Apr 30, 2010

Hello,

I believe that more than translating texts, what translators need to do, is to get to know the culture of the people who speak the language they are translating from...

Having been in few countries myself, I've learnt that there are differences in culture even between neighbor countries. I believe that the true challenge is to translate with the "attitude" of the culture in order to really relay it's beauty...

Cheers !

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What does the future hold for translation?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search