External Communications Adviser at the European Commission embraces social networking sites to attract interpreters

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "External Communications Adviser at the European Commission embraces social networking sites to attract interpreters ".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 06:06
English to Thai
+ ...
Learning process through social networking sites Aug 16, 2010

I recently found that social networking sites play a vital role on mass media of the modern world. In a civil uprise in Bangkok this May, they were more active than TV and newspapers. They gave use many contemporary words and translated documents we the professional translators could not do (owing to lack of competency on sensitive topics). I just started using Facebook via my Proz.com page to broaden my translation and interpretation services. Many novice translators are studying translation su... See more
I recently found that social networking sites play a vital role on mass media of the modern world. In a civil uprise in Bangkok this May, they were more active than TV and newspapers. They gave use many contemporary words and translated documents we the professional translators could not do (owing to lack of competency on sensitive topics). I just started using Facebook via my Proz.com page to broaden my translation and interpretation services. Many novice translators are studying translation subjects online by using Twitter. I can improve my listening skill via social networking Youtube. I strongly support movements of EU on using of social networks for language service upgrading.

Best regards,

Soonthon Lupkitaro
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

External Communications Adviser at the European Commission embraces social networking sites to attract interpreters

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »