Vietnamese fishermen victims of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico struggle with language barriers

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Vietnamese fishermen victims of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico struggle with language barriers".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 00:38
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Vietnamese people in USA Aug 21, 2010

I met many Vietnamese people in USA. They told me they mostly came to this country after ending the Vietnam war in 1970s. Many of them became very rich in USA due to diligent behavior and business enthusiasm. I remember one young Vietnamese girl in Japan could pass entrance examination to a medical school by mastering the Japanese language quickly, an effort not easy even among native Japanese students. I admire endurance of Vietnamese, the country with a long history of never ending war times. I expect that the Vietnamese villagers above can fight out of this sad happening quickly in Florida.

Best regards,

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Vietnamese fishermen victims of the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico struggle with language barriers

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search