Inc. magazine list of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. includes language service providers

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Inc. magazine list of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. includes language service providers".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 23:10
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Agencies I am working with Sep 1, 2010

Thank to this news, many of agencies I am working with are in this list. Expect their ever growing performances and continual contacts. This is an evidence that translation industry is ever growing although technologies may offset human translators. In Proz forum last year, we discussed on less-than-average growing of translation enterprises if compared with other listing businesses (e.g. technical services, finance, marketing) of the securities exchange. I am dreaming of one or two listed translation agencies with remarkable profits in Wall Street or NASDAQ.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Direct link Reply with quote

sokolniki  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:10
English to Russian
+ ...
And at least one of these agencies.. Sep 1, 2010

.. - no kidding! - is banned from Proz as a chronic non-payer. Go figure.

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:10
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

- Sep 2, 2010

Just a short comment re "Go figure":

From my own experience with them, they are an excellent outsourcer. I believe that in 90% cases the problems are on the translators' side.

Natalia

[Edited at 2010-09-02 10:22 GMT]

xxxDesdemone
Local time: 13:10
French to English
Well. Sep 2, 2010

Natalie wrote:

Just a short comment re "Go figure":

From my own experience with them, they are an excellent outsourcer. I believe that in 90% cases the problems are on the translators' side.

Natalia

[Edited at 2010-09-02 10:22 GMT]

There's a vote of confidence for the individual translators on proz's membership list. And from a moderator no less.

Shesaid  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 18:10
Italian to German
+ ...
Unfortunately, top revenue does not necessarily mean top quality.. Sep 8, 2010

At least one of these agencies
sokolniki wrote:

.. - no kidding! - is banned from Proz as a chronic non-payer. Go figure.

More than one unpleasant experience with this particular agency confirms my my view that
i) it is always a good idea to check with independent resources before getting involved with any LSP
ii) see title above.

Shesaid

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Inc. magazine list of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. includes language service providers

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search