2010 Nobel Prize for Literature to Mario Vargas Llosa (source in Spanish)

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "2010 Nobel Prize for Literature to Mario Vargas Llosa (source in Spanish)".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Joel Pina Diaz  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 16:35
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Deserved! For sure! Oct 7, 2010

Happy for him and for Perú. Since La Ciudad y los perros long ago... and the one mentioned Pantaleon y las visitadoras, film as well La Chunga that I saw in Lima and an excellent essay "Sables y utopías"... all his writing has been a part of many literature enthusiasts where I belong. It is a nice company, I will recommend it to everybody, a must have in the book shield. Congratulations Mario! This prize complete Llosa´s collection. It will be very nice to know who is his base translator into English, does any one know?

Direct link Reply with quote

Grosso
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Deserved indeed! Oct 7, 2010

I'm really happy for him, a very talented writer, and for literature in Spanish as well. He's one of my favourite writers and his novel La ciudad y los perros, one of the greatest I've ever read.

Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:35
English to French
+ ...
Deserved! For sure! Oct 7, 2010

Joel Pina Diaz wrote:

Happy for him and for Perú. Since La Ciudad y los perros long ago... and the one mentioned Pantaleon y las visitadoras, film as well La Chunga that I saw in Lima and an excellent essay "Sables y utopías"... all his writing has been a part of many literature enthusiasts where I belong. It is a nice company, I will recommend it to everybody, a must have in the book shield. Congratulations Mario! This prize complete Llosa´s collection. It will be very nice to know who is his base translator into English, does any one know?

Hi, A glorious day for him, and his translator in English !
See : Read Mario Vargas Llosa

We highly recommend the excellent English translations by the prolific Edith Grossman.

Source : http://www.altalang.com/beyond-words/2010/10/07/literature-in-translation-mario-vargas-llosa-wins-nobel-prize-2010/

Have a nice evening
Catherine Guilliaumet

Stevenal  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:35
English to French
+ ...
I Wonder... Oct 8, 2010

I just wonder why it took so long for him to be recognized. I remember reading excerpts from his stories when I was learning Spanish in secondary school in Ivory Coast. I am very happy, indeed, for him!

[Edited at 2010-10-08 03:16 GMT]

Erika Pacheco  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Congrats!!! Oct 8, 2010

As a Peruvian... I am very proud because of Vargas Llosa award.
I read many of his books in high school, one of my favorite is Conversación en la Catedral.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2010 Nobel Prize for Literature to Mario Vargas Llosa (source in Spanish)

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search