China publishers mistakenly translate Japanese erotic reinterpretation of Grimm tales

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "China publishers mistakenly translate Japanese erotic reinterpretation of Grimm tales ".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
English to Italian
+ ...
Absurd Dec 9, 2010

It is absurd to me that they could not find the original German edition, which are available for free on the Internet. Furthermore, it sounds absurd to me to translate a literary work from another translation. The whole story does not make any sense.

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:39
French to German
+ ...
Not so absurd... Dec 10, 2010

Hi Guiseppina,
IMVHO this is not so absurd. I think the key to the whole matter is (or may be) contained in the last sentence of the article.

[Modifié le 2010-12-10 10:06 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

China publishers mistakenly translate Japanese erotic reinterpretation of Grimm tales

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »