Harry Potter goes online — in 70 languages

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Harry Potter goes online — in 70 languages ".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Ikram Mahyuddin  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:32
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Including Indonesian, I hope Nov 27, 2011

Since I think there's a lot of Harry Potter's fans here in Indonesia.

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:32
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Very misleading title Nov 27, 2011

The collection is here:

What they've done is to get screenshots of the front cover of the first HP book in 70 languages, and then have a native speaker read the first few paragraphs in MP3 format. That's it. Nothing more.

Also, they don't mention the names of the voice artists -- I can hear the Afrikaans guy is a native speaker (probably from Pretoria in South Africa, judging by his lack of articulation), but I'm sure he must have been on drugs, and I don't think he had ever read HP in Afrikaans until the moment that he sat down behind the microphone. Come to think of it, it's probably a good thing he's anonymous.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Harry Potter goes online — in 70 languages

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

• All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search