Harry Potter goes online — in 70 languages

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Harry Potter goes online — in 70 languages ".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Ikram Mahyuddin  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 07:53
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Including Indonesian, I hope Nov 27, 2011

Since I think there's a lot of Harry Potter's fans here in Indonesia.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:53
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Very misleading title Nov 27, 2011

The collection is here:
http://arts.ucalgary.ca/lrc/home/celebrating-multilingualism-through-harry-potter/harry-potter-editions

What they've done is to get screenshots of the front cover of the first HP book in 70 languages, and then have a native speaker read the first few paragraphs in MP3 format. That's it. Nothing more.

Also, they don't mention the names of the voice artists -- I can hear the Afrikaans guy is a native speaker (probably from Pretoria in South Africa, judging by his lack of articulation), but I'm sure he must have been on drugs, and I don't think he had ever read HP in Afrikaans until the moment that he sat down behind the microphone. Come to think of it, it's probably a good thing he's anonymous.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Harry Potter goes online — in 70 languages

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search