Lawyers slam Government’s new court interpreting system

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Lawyers slam Government’s new court interpreting system".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Alexander Teplitsky  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:56
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
USSR reincarnation Feb 22, 2012

It is seems like Soviet Union collapsed in one place and trying to reincarnate in another....

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:56
Member (2004)
German to English
I stopped working with them for translation Feb 22, 2012

and am not surprised by the mess they have caused. They also have the NHS contract in Peterborough - why? Cos they bid cheap, cheap, cheap - and in my opinion nasty too.

Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:56
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Thanks - this is the only way to resolve the problem Feb 23, 2012

Gillian Searl wrote:
I stopped working with them for translation ....
They also have the NHS contract in Peterborough - why? Cos they bid cheap, cheap, cheap - .....

Thank you Gillian, this is the only way to resolve the problem. We did bid on several NHS contracts in 2009/2010 with rates that would have allowed us to pay decent rates to translators and interpreters. We never had a chance being much too expensive. We stopped bidding for this kind of contracts that always go to the cheapest service provider. Lets see how things develop. I have been really positively surprised to see that they seem not to be able to get away with this.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lawyers slam Government’s new court interpreting system

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search