Lawyers slam Government’s new court interpreting system

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Lawyers slam Government’s new court interpreting system".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Alexander Teplitsky  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:52
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
USSR reincarnation Feb 22, 2012

It is seems like Soviet Union collapsed in one place and trying to reincarnate in another....

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:52
Member (2004)
German to English
I stopped working with them for translation Feb 22, 2012

and am not surprised by the mess they have caused. They also have the NHS contract in Peterborough - why? Cos they bid cheap, cheap, cheap - and in my opinion nasty too.

Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:52
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Thanks - this is the only way to resolve the problem Feb 23, 2012

Gillian Searl wrote:
I stopped working with them for translation ....
They also have the NHS contract in Peterborough - why? Cos they bid cheap, cheap, cheap - .....

Thank you Gillian, this is the only way to resolve the problem. We did bid on several NHS contracts in 2009/2010 with rates that would have allowed us to pay decent rates to translators and interpreters. We never had a chance being much too expensive. We stopped bidding for this kind of contracts that always go to the cheapest service provider. Lets see how things develop. I have been really positively surprised to see that they seem not to be able to get away with this.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lawyers slam Government’s new court interpreting system

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search