The Welsh Sherlock Holmes society aims to translate The Adventure of the Speckled Band

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "The Welsh Sherlock Holmes society aims to translate The Adventure of the Speckled Band".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Steve Kerry
Steve Kerry  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:54
German to English
One of my favourite stories, but.... Nov 8, 2012

... surely one of the most delightful things about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is his masterful command of the English language, rather than the Welsh! I can see the case for translating novels into other languages (although they sometimes suffer terribly) where speakers of that language do not understand English, but since the entire population of Wales (with a very, very few exceptions) speaks English perfectly well, I don't quite see the point.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Welsh Sherlock Holmes society aims to translate The Adventure of the Speckled Band

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »