László Krasznahorkai wins the Man Booker International prize 2015

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "László Krasznahorkai wins the Man Booker International prize 2015".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Annamaria Amik  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:58
Romanian to English
+ ...
Congratulations to both the author and his translator! May 21, 2015

His lovely reply in an interview with the short-listed authors:
http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/may/13/man-booker-international-prize-2015-the-finalists-speak
Which of your books would you recommend to a reader approaching your work for the first time?
If there are readers who haven’t read my books, I couldn’t recommend anything to read to them; instead, I’d advise them to go out, sit down somewhere, perhaps by the side of a brook, with nothing to do, nothing to think about, just remaining in silence like stones. They will eventually meet someone who has already read my books.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

László Krasznahorkai wins the Man Booker International prize 2015

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search