Anja Jones
Anja Jones
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:40
English to German
+ ...
Sep 12, 2011

Hello,

I have a potential website translation project from English to Thai. I have not provided Thai translation as a service before and was wondering if there are any specific points I need to be aware of in terms of

a) different varieties of Thai (dialects and signs)
b) implementation of Thai characters on an English website
c) any other aspects

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Anja

<
... See more
Hello,

I have a potential website translation project from English to Thai. I have not provided Thai translation as a service before and was wondering if there are any specific points I need to be aware of in terms of

a) different varieties of Thai (dialects and signs)
b) implementation of Thai characters on an English website
c) any other aspects

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Anja

PS. Also any full-time Thai translators with 3 years plus experience and interested in website translation projects, please feel free to send me your CV. Thank you
Collapse

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Thai? Sep 13, 2011

Looking at your profile there is no indication that you know Thai. If you are outsourcing, then you will have to depend on your Thai translator. That is the person who will have to answer those questions for you. If not, then refuse the job.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Info about English to Thai translation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »