Thread poster: Frances Holder

Frances Holder  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:00
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 10, 2013

Hi all!
I am a student at the University of Denver, soon to finish my Master’s in Translation Studies. For my Translation Project Management class I have been tasked with interviewing a Translation Project Manager, and wondered if any PMs out there would be willing to take part. It will just be a short interview, about 10 or so questions, mainly to discuss how TPMs go about choosing vendors, and can be by e-mail, Skype, instant chat, or phone call, whatever you prefer. If you would be willing to take part please contact me to arrange a time and date convenient for you.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Direct link Reply with quote

cbcoti
Local time: 12:00
English to Danish
Would like to hear the results Aug 8, 2013

Hi Frances,

I would love to help you out - just think I'm not in your target group. I do work as technical writer (and TPM), but we use in-house employees as translators and have never looked for vendors. We are considering doing just that. I am curious about your project and hope you will post a summary when you are done.

Best of luck with your work,

Charlotte

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Project Management - Class assignment

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search