Thread poster: Frances Holder

Frances Holder  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:51
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 10, 2013

Hi all!
I am a student at the University of Denver, soon to finish my Master’s in Translation Studies. For my Translation Project Management class I have been tasked with interviewing a Translation Project Manager, and wondered if any PMs out there would be willing to take part. It will just be a short interview, about 10 or so questions, mainly to discuss how TPMs go about choosing vendors, and can be by e-mail, Skype, instant chat, or phone call, whatever you prefer. If you would be willing to take part please contact me to arrange a time and date convenient for you.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

cbcoti
Local time: 05:51
English to Danish
Would like to hear the results Aug 8, 2013

Hi Frances,

I would love to help you out - just think I'm not in your target group. I do work as technical writer (and TPM), but we use in-house employees as translators and have never looked for vendors. We are considering doing just that. I am curious about your project and hope you will post a summary when you are done.

Best of luck with your work,

Charlotte

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Project Management - Class assignment

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search