Frances Holder
Frances Holder  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:29
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 10, 2013

Hi all!
I am a student at the University of Denver, soon to finish my Master’s in Translation Studies. For my Translation Project Management class I have been tasked with interviewing a Translation Project Manager, and wondered if any PMs out there would be willing to take part. It will just be a short interview, about 10 or so questions, mainly to discuss how TPMs go about choosing vendors, and can be by e-mail, Skype, instant chat, or phone call, whatever you prefer. If you would be wi
... See more
Hi all!
I am a student at the University of Denver, soon to finish my Master’s in Translation Studies. For my Translation Project Management class I have been tasked with interviewing a Translation Project Manager, and wondered if any PMs out there would be willing to take part. It will just be a short interview, about 10 or so questions, mainly to discuss how TPMs go about choosing vendors, and can be by e-mail, Skype, instant chat, or phone call, whatever you prefer. If you would be willing to take part please contact me to arrange a time and date convenient for you.

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Collapse

cbcoti
cbcoti
Local time: 19:29
English to Danish
Would like to hear the results Aug 8, 2013

Hi Frances,

I would love to help you out - just think I'm not in your target group. I do work as technical writer (and TPM), but we use in-house employees as translators and have never looked for vendors. We are considering doing just that. I am curious about your project and hope you will post a summary when you are done.

Best of luck with your work,

Charlotte

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Project Management - Class assignment

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »