Approaches to Techical Translation from Italian into German: Lighting area
Thread poster: Laura Lopi
Laura Lopi
Local time: 04:25
Italian to German
Feb 13, 2009

Good morning to everybody,

my name is Laura and i'm studying Foreign Languages at the Catholic University in Milan, Italy.

I'm working on a project which analyses Instruction manuals for lamps as a text type, so their typical aspects, principles of comprensibility and usability for the user, and so on...

I am also analysing the strategies that a translator put into work while translating the instruction from Italian into German, and, above all, the main difficulties that he/ she can face while doing this work...
It would also be interesting to know why the translator chooses to traslate a technical term in a way instead of another, for example...

It would be vey grateful if anybody coul help me giving me some piece of advice or reporting his/her own experience with some examples...It would be a great hel for my project...

I would like to thank you in advance for your attention,

Laura

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Approaches to Techical Translation from Italian into German: Lighting area

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search