Off topic: Introducing a new moderator
Thread poster: Russell Jones

Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:18
Italian to English
Aug 3, 2009

Dear Colleagues,

I should like to introduce myself as your new co-moderator of the Translation Theory and Practice forum, together with Carla Selyer and Tagore, as we take over from Monika Coulson, who I know will be a hard act to follow.

I have always been an avid reader of this forum (if not a very regular contributor) and look forward to serving for one year as a co-moderator (both here and in the Italian to English KudoZ area).

I know that discussions here are usually conducted with great intellectual rigour and respect and am not expecting to have much “policing” to do. However, I hope I can assist site users in getting the most out of participation in the forum and maintaining the positive, constructive atmosphere of the site.

Do feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns, via the link on this page or by e-mail or Skype through my profile page.

Your new co-moderator

Russell Jones

[Edited at 2009-08-03 16:13 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-08-03 16:14 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-08-03 18:00 GMT]

Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:18
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Best wishes Aug 4, 2009

Dear Russell,

First, I am happy that this forum is in great hands nowicon_biggrin.gif

Thank you for your nice words.

I wish you all the best moderating this forum and enjoying the experience. I had a blast meeting so many colleagues from all over the world, and learning from them as well.

All the best to you,

Monikaicon_smile.gif

juvera  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:18
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Welcome Aug 4, 2009

Dear Russell,

Wish you a pleasant and interesting year as a moderator (and I am not thinking of the Chinese proverb about interesting times)icon_smile.gif

Judith

[Edited at 2009-08-04 22:58 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Introducing a new moderator

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search