Anybody using BBEdit?
Thread poster: xxxJon Zuber

xxxJon Zuber
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 23, 2002

I\'ve just downloaded BBEdit Lite to use, among other things, as a text editor for translating. I usually start jobs by taking the original and doing as much as I can with search and replace, so I thought BBEdit might come in awfully handy. Does anyone have experience or tips to share?

Konstantin Lakshin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:16
Member (2017)
English to Russian
+ ...
Some tips? Feb 25, 2002

BBEdit is a good tool.

a) you can save standard search-replace routines (kind of like macros);

b) when you run a search with \"find all\", BBEdit creates a concordance-style list of all occurences (this can be saved as a separate file, too; very handy if you are building a glossary);

c) you can run search-replace on multiple files, either in open windows or in a folder you have specified):

d) learn all you can about grep-searching - it may be far more useful than most TM-programs.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anybody using BBEdit?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search