Audiovisual translation online master (UAB)
Thread poster: Chloe Robinson
Chloe Robinson
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:54
English to French
+ ...
Oct 18, 2009

Hi there,

I was just wondering if any of you has done / heard about the audiovisual translation online master offered by the University of Barcelona (UAB).

It looks really interesting but I find it difficult to find information about the validity of the master on the professional market, the quality of the courses, etc...

Any information, critics or recommendation would be very much appreciated.
I am new here, so I appologise in advance if this subject has already been covered.

Many thanks!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-10-20 15:49 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Mario Chavez  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
I did the master May 18, 2012

Chloe,

I took the master program in Audiovisual Translation online at UAB and graduated in 2009. It is termed a professional degree, valid everywhere. The syllabus is pretty wide: dubbing, subtitling, video games, software and other multimedia applications.

You need to hold an undergraduate degree to enroll in this program.

My thesis advisor, Prof. Josep Dávila, PhD, is now in charge of the online modality.

Good luck!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Audiovisual translation online master (UAB)

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search