Original document: send by e-mail or send one copy by post?
Thread poster: Estelle Demontrond-Box

Estelle Demontrond-Box  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 01:24
Member (2005)
English to French
+ ...
Oct 19, 2009

Dear all,

I have recently been translating documents such as birth certificates, IDs etc which have required self-certification and so far, I have only sent the original (marked A1) along with its translation (marked B1) with a self-certification letter (by post).
Because they are rather official, I have never sent my Word document translation by e-mail but this time, the client asked me to so, so that he could speed the process.
I am torn honestly, because I believe that if the client has paid for the translation, he is entitled to ask for it to be sent to him so that he can keep the copy but on another hand, since it is self-certified and official, should I hand out a document which could be modified?

Has anybody had this issue?
Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:24
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Convert it to PDF Oct 19, 2009

Convert the document into PDF and change the security settings to prevent content modification and copying. Allow printing, though.
Katalin

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Original document: send by e-mail or send one copy by post?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search