Original document: send by e-mail or send one copy by post?
Thread poster: Estelle Demontrond-Box
Estelle Demontrond-Box
Estelle Demontrond-Box  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 21:59
English to French
+ ...
Oct 19, 2009

Dear all,

I have recently been translating documents such as birth certificates, IDs etc which have required self-certification and so far, I have only sent the original (marked A1) along with its translation (marked B1) with a self-certification letter (by post).
Because they are rather official, I have never sent my Word document translation by e-mail but this time, the client asked me to so, so that he could speed the process.
I am torn honestly, because I believe th
... See more
Dear all,

I have recently been translating documents such as birth certificates, IDs etc which have required self-certification and so far, I have only sent the original (marked A1) along with its translation (marked B1) with a self-certification letter (by post).
Because they are rather official, I have never sent my Word document translation by e-mail but this time, the client asked me to so, so that he could speed the process.
I am torn honestly, because I believe that if the client has paid for the translation, he is entitled to ask for it to be sent to him so that he can keep the copy but on another hand, since it is self-certified and official, should I hand out a document which could be modified?

Has anybody had this issue?
Thank you
Collapse

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:59
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Convert it to PDF Oct 19, 2009

Convert the document into PDF and change the security settings to prevent content modification and copying. Allow printing, though.
Katalin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Original document: send by e-mail or send one copy by post?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »