Germany
Local time: 17:24
English to German
+ ...
Jul 9, 2011

(For the record.)

I herewith officially announce.

That in case I am still alive in the year 2030

I will book myself holidays for the first of July. And it will be longer holidays.

I will buy a licence, will make extreme stress in case this application does not arrive ASAP (tripple-ASAP.)

and with this -application ferrari- I will wait right in the entrance of the job board.

e.v.e.r.y. s.i.n.g.l.e. agency that then i
... See more
(For the record.)

I herewith officially announce.

That in case I am still alive in the year 2030

I will book myself holidays for the first of July. And it will be longer holidays.

I will buy a licence, will make extreme stress in case this application does not arrive ASAP (tripple-ASAP.)

and with this -application ferrari- I will wait right in the entrance of the job board.

e.v.e.r.y. s.i.n.g.l.e. agency that then is posting something with this application will get this reply:
a) THIS ferrari? well but sorry, then the rate is 0.30. and not, it's not USD. and YES, it's every single source word.
b) uh, so dringend? well, I am the person who can deliver in this deadline, but you want this ferrari.

in case this application together with that platform is still going on my nerves until then.

(sry pips, had to spell it out finally, I think here might be a fitting place for it. could be also on another network, but now it landed here.)
but while I was talking about a network...
"quotation from someone I have seen in a group" (this was a special line for Thomas)
the quotation:
"...I personally indeed have a weak point when it comes to the ability and the need to ciritizise openly business strategies of some agencies that are hardly to describe other than exploiting. (And this, in addition, especially on a page that relies on paying translators which is a bit easier when the translators are working under conditions that allow expenses of this kind, isn't it?) So, the attempt to moderate such a critizising thread raises a red flag, immediately. There would be no sense to participate on a page that suddenly begins to aggresively defend business strategies that actually work against the page's own business (I say aggressively, because in the given example I perceived the moderation action as aggressive - against the affected translators in question, because the thread opener and a few other contributors were obviously ripped off by the agency in question, but also agressive against our own rights to defend our profession and to fight for acceptable work conditions). So, even for pure logics reasons: if observed more often, they would immediately lose paying members. You receive notifications about moderated threads, so that's why I can only say - as for what I what I have seen so far - it does not seem to happen t.h.a.t. often. But, sure... as soon as it would, for me this would be the basics for a decision to refrain from a memberhip renewal...."

source: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Cynical-Lower-your-rate-well-44105.S.39475550?qid=4b2ae833-58ca-4feb-b616-49b7225027d0&trk=group_most_popular-0-b-ttl&goback=.gmp_44105

[Edited at 2011-07-10 10:49 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Official Ferrari Announcement (2030)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search