the necessity and application of research
Thread poster: laaya

laaya
Persian (Farsi) to English
Sep 29, 2011

what is the necessity of knowing the mental operation of translator?

Direct link Reply with quote

Teymur Suleymanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:05
Russian to English
+ ...
Please clarify what you mean... Oct 1, 2011

I am not sure what you mean by that. Can you please explain, or provide the context where you've encountered this term?

laaya
Persian (Farsi) to English
TOPIC STARTER

Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:05
English to German
+ ...
This is a highly specialized part of translation Oct 6, 2011

laaya wrote:
what Im realy interested to.in this area of research we can analayse the mental operattion of translator while translating through out TAP(think aloud protocole).You can simply type TAP in google and see lots of relevant articles. I have find some adventages for this kind of resaerch in differnt feild, but I prefer to share this topic here to find out more advantages of this. Im a MA student of translation studies and it is going to be my thesis topic.I will be so glad if you help me and share what you know about it. now Im starting to write my proposal and for the chapter 1 I need any information related to my topic.

Usually this is only applied in professional advertising and marketing-communication. You might be able to gather a lot of input about this topic from sophisticated market research companies. The ones that test new ad campaigns before they reach the market by means of cameras that follow the eye-movement, for example. For example, when writing direct marketing pieces, I don't simply "translate" a letter or any other text, I will write it in a way that will accommodate the human reading habits and will create a typographical layout that will ensure the significant words to show up at the right places for the speed readers.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

the necessity and application of research

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search