Local time: 15:28
Russian to English
+ ...
laaya
laaya
Persian (Farsi) to English
TOPIC STARTER
Cognitive approaches Oct 1, 2011

Hi, and tnanx for your reply.this topic is what Im realy interested to.in this area of research we can analayse the mental operattion of translator while translating through out TAP(think aloud protocole).You can simply type TAP in google and see lots of relevant articles. I have find some adventages for this kind of resaerch in differnt feild, but I prefer to share this topic here to find out more advantages of this. Im a MA student of translation studies and it is going to be my thesis topic.I will be so glad if you help me and share what you know about it. now Im starting to write my proposal and for the chapter 1 I need any information related to my topic.

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:28
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
This is a highly specialized part of translation Oct 6, 2011

laaya wrote:
what Im realy interested to.in this area of research we can analayse the mental operattion of translator while translating through out TAP(think aloud protocole).You can simply type TAP in google and see lots of relevant articles. I have find some adventages for this kind of resaerch in differnt feild, but I prefer to share this topic here to find out more advantages of this. Im a MA student of translation studies and it is going to be my thesis topic.I will be so glad if you help me and share what you know about it. now Im starting to write my proposal and for the chapter 1 I need any information related to my topic.

Usually this is only applied in professional advertising and marketing-communication. You might be able to gather a lot of input about this topic from sophisticated market research companies. The ones that test new ad campaigns before they reach the market by means of cameras that follow the eye-movement, for example. For example, when writing direct marketing pieces, I don't simply "translate" a letter or any other text, I will write it in a way that will accommodate the human reading habits and will create a typographical layout that will ensure the significant words to show up at the right places for the speed readers.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

the necessity and application of research

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »