Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Emotional Intelligence (EI) and translation
Thread poster: Jan Rausch

Gilla Evans  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:01
Spanish to English
+ ...
Personal experience of Séverine's work Oct 31, 2011

I'm not arguing with people's issues raised above but I can mention that I attended Séverine's talk at the ITI conference in May this year:

‘Emotional Intelligence in the Translation/Interpreting Workplace’ – Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI) Conference (Birmingham, 2011)

in which we all went through the test on the spot. It was in fact very interesting and thought-provoking about the way different people go about the translation process.
... See more
I'm not arguing with people's issues raised above but I can mention that I attended Séverine's talk at the ITI conference in May this year:

‘Emotional Intelligence in the Translation/Interpreting Workplace’ – Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI) Conference (Birmingham, 2011)

in which we all went through the test on the spot. It was in fact very interesting and thought-provoking about the way different people go about the translation process.

I can confirm that Séverine is a bona fida researcher and lecturer in translation studies, and is not up to anything underhand.

[Edited at 2011-10-31 10:08 GMT]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:01
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
No pop-up Oct 31, 2011

I loaded the doc from the link Samuel provided but encountered no pop-op window. I use AdBlock on Chrome.
I really do see no reason why I should fill in such a questionnaire. Waste of time.

Bilbo Baggins
Catalan to English
+ ...
Too damn long! Nov 1, 2011

If one is going to farm out questionnaires or surveys, it's (potentially) a death's knell if they are long and complicated. And, posting them in a forum like this potentially "invites" all sorts of dissuasory arguments.

Ok, maybe response is going to be a variable - and I imagine in this case it will be low: maybe that, in itself, will warrant a research article with results:-)

I'm wondering if the survey was well designed in the first place: detailed Qs to subjects w
... See more
If one is going to farm out questionnaires or surveys, it's (potentially) a death's knell if they are long and complicated. And, posting them in a forum like this potentially "invites" all sorts of dissuasory arguments.

Ok, maybe response is going to be a variable - and I imagine in this case it will be low: maybe that, in itself, will warrant a research article with results:-)

I'm wondering if the survey was well designed in the first place: detailed Qs to subjects who will - variably - decide not to complete for several reasons, some already mentioned. In fact, I had a look first at the replies in this forum, then at the survey, and my decision was not to bother: too many issues, too many questions, too much info and detail required.

Maybe the researcher needs to recosnsider the sample?
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Emotional Intelligence (EI) and translation

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search