Teaching MemoQ
Thread poster: transmiri
transmiri
transmiri  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:57
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Nov 27, 2011

I am looking for tips on effective teaching of MemoQ in a Translation Class. I'd appreciate your help.

Tanguy Przybylski
Tanguy Przybylski  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 15:57
Member (2008)
Japanese to French
+ ...
Webinar Nov 27, 2011

HI,

Personally I took MemoQ official webinar and it helps me a lot.

MemoQ itself is really intuitive so I had no problem to start a new translation project right away.

I'm still on demo version but I'm seriously thinking about buying it as it's really working without bugs (I'm always fighting with trados which is always bugging whatever I do).

So for me, used to Trados which is far more difficult to handle that MemoQ, a webinar was enough to
... See more
HI,

Personally I took MemoQ official webinar and it helps me a lot.

MemoQ itself is really intuitive so I had no problem to start a new translation project right away.

I'm still on demo version but I'm seriously thinking about buying it as it's really working without bugs (I'm always fighting with trados which is always bugging whatever I do).

So for me, used to Trados which is far more difficult to handle that MemoQ, a webinar was enough to understand enough of this program to work with it. So try their webinars and don't hesitate to ask a lot of questions

If you need further help, please contact me whenever needed I will do my best to help you
Collapse

transmiri
transmiri  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:57
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
teaching, not learning Nov 28, 2011

Hi Tanguy,
Thank you for your prompt and detailed reply. I've been working with MemoQ for quite some time now and loving it. In fact loving it so much, that I decided to teach it my college translation class. I am seeking advice from people experienced in training others.
Miriam

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Teaching MemoQ

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »