Software for dictionaries
Thread poster: Sherefedin MUSTAFA

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Local time: 05:59
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Jun 17, 2004

Does anybody know which software can I use to build my own dictionaries and to publish them on the web?
ThankZ for all suggestions and info.

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 06:59
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
babylon builder Jun 17, 2004

at www.babylon.com is a free and good program. I use it for some years to build my own glossaries.

Selcuk Akyuz

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Local time: 05:59
English to Macedonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Eureka! Jun 18, 2004

I didn't really know about this software. At the first view it seems quite practical and easy to use. I already started to build my first glossary in this program thanks to your valuable suggestion Selcuk.
Sherefedin

linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
Can Babylon Builder be used for 3 language glossary? Jun 19, 2004

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

at www.babylon.com is a free and good program. I use it for some years to build my own glossaries.

Selcuk Akyuz

I already tried it and it's cute and easy to use. However Babylon itself is not free. You can try it for free for a certain period of time then you have to buy it.

Any way, I'd like to know if it works for 3 languages, and if not, do you any other software that can give me that option?

Thanks

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 06:59
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
possible but not so efficient Jun 24, 2004

linadia wrote:

Any way, I'd like to know if it works for 3 languages, and if not, do you any other software that can give me that option?

Thanks

In babylon builder there is a feature called alternate form(s) which enables you to build a 3-language glossary.
In fact I create my own glossary in MS Word and then save as HTML and convert to babylon builder dictionary file. It easily creates 100+ pages long dictionaries. After creating the builder file you may also add some extra formating, e.g. bold, italic, colour, font size, etc. with the help of a text editor like editplus. www.editplus.com

[Edited at 2004-06-24 01:47]

linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
Thank you Selcuk Jul 20, 2004

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

In babylon builder there is a feature called alternate form(s) which enables you to build a 3-language glossary.

[Edited at 2004-06-24 01:47]

Thank you for the tip and the link.

nadia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Software for dictionaries

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search