Thread poster: nikkiA
Hi, my name is Nikki Albert. I am a senior at Dayspring Christian Academy and I have been assigned a research paper with the topic: a career that interests me. For that career, I chose translator. I need 3 translators to fill out a questionnaire (only 11 questions long) by Saturday, May 5th at the latest. I'm very sorry that this is on such short notice. My contact information is on my profile, but again my email is: email@example.com or contact me by my cell phone: (540) 808-5715. I will post the questions in this message, but I can also email the questionnaire or fax it, whatever is easier. Please and thank you!
1. Is there a certain college degree that one needs in order to operate as a translator? If not, then is there a degree that would be helpful?
2. What is the main attraction to be a translator?
3. Can a translation job be purely local or is any traveling required?
4. Is there any difficulty in finding a job position as a translator?
5. Would you describe the job as satisfying? If so, why or why not?
6. How would you describe the demand (if there is any) for a translator in today's economy?
7. Are there certain materials for translation to which one can be limited? For example, one can translate magazine articles but not federal or state documents?
8.Do you find being a translator to be more of a freelance job or can it be confined to a 9-5 type of schedule?
9. Do you find being a translator rewarding only for the task or can it also be rewarding financially?
10. What translation venue is the easiest or most likely to supply a job? For example, books, legal documents, text books, or online transcriptions?
11. Is there a higher job demand for any one language more than another?
| || || |
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »