Gaia Ballerini
Gaia Ballerini
Italy
Local time: 09:18
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 30, 2012

Dear Translators,

My name is Gaia Ballerini and I am in my first year of PhD at SITLeC - Department of Interdisciplinary Studies of Translation, Languages and Cultures - at the University of Bologna.

The research project I am currently carrying out aims at achieving a harmonious synthesis between translation didactics and the needs of the professional world in order to optimize the specialized translator’s training, visibility and, as a consequence, their social role.
... See more
Dear Translators,

My name is Gaia Ballerini and I am in my first year of PhD at SITLeC - Department of Interdisciplinary Studies of Translation, Languages and Cultures - at the University of Bologna.

The research project I am currently carrying out aims at achieving a harmonious synthesis between translation didactics and the needs of the professional world in order to optimize the specialized translator’s training, visibility and, as a consequence, their social role.

The areas of interest concern:

a) possible practical applications of translation theory to the activity of a specialized translator;

b) the degree of interaction between translation technology courses, terminology courses and specialized translation courses as well as the impact of technology (CAT tools, softwares for building and exploring corpora) on translation teaching and on its empowerment;

c) the analysis of the fields of specialized translation which have already proved solid and profitable for academic research and the professional world as well as those which could turn out to be significative in the future;

d) didactic offer adjustments according to the surveyed fields and the context of professional integration;

e) the evaluation of didactics and students assessment.

In order to empirically validate this research, I have developed a questionnaire which intends to investigate the fields presented above.

With regard to this I would like to ask you to support my project by answering the questionnaire at: http://www.sslmit.unibo.it/limesurvey/index.php?sid=13414&lang=en

At the end of the survey you will receive an e-mail inviting you to view the results. In the meantime you can go to http://tradidattica.weebly.com to find out more about the project.

Thanking you in advance for your support.

Best regards,

Gaia Ballerini

[Modificato alle 2012-07-30 17:27 GMT]

[Modificato alle 2012-07-30 17:29 GMT]
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Wasted my time Jul 30, 2012

Every willing to be a guinea pig, I tried to fill in the questionnaire. Unfortunately, it appears to be aimed at teachers only, so I didn't get past the first page. Perhaps you should make the specific targets of your survey clearer so that other mere mortals don't make the same mistake?

Gaia Ballerini
Gaia Ballerini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Apologies Jul 30, 2012

Dear Neilmac,

I apologize for the inconvenience and I thank you for your report. I have entered the wrong link. This is the right one.

http://www.sslmit.unibo.it/limesurvey/index.php?sid=13414&lang=en

Regards.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Would love to help Jul 30, 2012

Just a quick question: how long will it take me/us to respond? A quick estimate will help me plan for it or participate immediately.

Gaia Ballerini
Gaia Ballerini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: would love to help Jul 30, 2012

The questionnaire will take 15-30 minutes of your time. It depends on how accurate you will be.

Thank you!

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
One more question then Jul 30, 2012

Gaia Ballerini wrote:
The questionnaire will take 15-30 minutes of your time. It depends on how accurate you will be.

Hm... How accurate do you want it?

Gaia Ballerini
Gaia Ballerini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re:One more question then Jul 30, 2012

I'm sorry to answer you with "it dipends on..." but it really dipends on the question, some of them are very quick but others require a bit of reflection.
Thanks!

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
20 minutes Jul 30, 2012

Well. 20 minutes over here. Just on the average I reckon...

Good luck! It would be very interesting to learn about your conclusions.

Miray Filiz
Miray Filiz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 10:18
English to Turkish
+ ...
just did it! Jul 30, 2012

I hope my answers, will help!

amal123 (X)
amal123 (X)

Local time: 10:18
Arabic to English
+ ...
Good luck Jul 31, 2012

Done wish u the best of luck!

Gaia Ballerini
Gaia Ballerini
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re:Good luck, Just did it! Jul 31, 2012

Thank you very very much for your time!
Gaia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Request for contributions to research project questionnaire_correct link

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »