MA Students required as participants in dissertation study
Thread poster: Louise Souter
Louise Souter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:15
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 30, 2012

I am looking for student French into English translators to take part in a study for my dissertation. The study will involve translating a short business text (an extract from a company report) of around 500 words using Wordfast Anywhere (see http://www.freetm.com/) and then answering some questions about the experience. I will also need other students to translate the text with out using Wordfast Anywhere.

The study will be conducted online in October or November. The exact date(s) will be decided with the participants.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at louise.souter@ekit.com if you would be willing to take part in this study and require further information.

Thank you,
Louise

Direct link Reply with quote

Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:15
Member (2012)
Italian to English
+ ...
Translating dissertation Nov 20, 2012

Hi Louise,

I just saw your message and hope I am in time to translate the work you want. You specified that you also want people who do not yet use wordfast. I would like to apply. You posted message in September but hope I am still in time. You also want people to answer some questions about the experience, I presume, or dissertation? I started MA course in translation but left as could not afford the time spent at university- no time to study as it was full time and am now doing MA in Baroque, part-time, so as to be able to cope with family/ study and also translation practice. Seeing I am sending this so late, I wonder if you want any CVs but really would like to participate.

Hoping to hear from you,
I remain,
Yours truly,
Josephine Cassar

Louise Souter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:15
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Translating dissertation Nov 21, 2012

Hi Josephine,

Thank you for your reply. I am still looking for people to translate the text without the translation memory. If you are interested please send me a private message.

Louise

Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:15
Member (2012)
Italian to English
+ ...
e-mail sent Nov 22, 2012

Can you please answer as you seem to want work done by November which does not leave much time? thank you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MA Students required as participants in dissertation study

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search