Glossary development - standard practices
Thread poster: KarenSAK
KarenSAK
Local time: 04:42
Nov 1, 2012

Hello,

I am a new project manager and I'm looking to establish practices for developing glossaries for our clients. I have little idea of how to go about setting up such a service, however, and am looking for good input. I understand that a lot of research is involved in doing translations for a glossary, and if the client doesn't provide their own terms, extraction time is involved as well.

This in mind, I believe it's best to charge clients by the hour for glossary development, but I'm wondering how free-lance translators generally charge for this type of work? Also, with the understanding that this may be different depending on how technical a document is, how many words per hour is a good estimate for production rates?

Any insightful information on this topic is appreciated!

Thanks!

Karen

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Glossary development - standard practices

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search