Thread poster: B D Finch

B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:39
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
May 18, 2013

I prepared a Word file for translation using Wordfast Classic and with the Client's TM. The pre-translated file shows all the Wordfast tw4win marks with a line through them. I inspected the original file using Ms Word's inspection facility and found that it contained "custom xml data". Can anybody advise whether I should remove that data and pre-translate the file again? Can custom xml data cause any technical or security problems to my computer?

Radian Yazynin  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:39
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
XML is responsible for formatting May 19, 2013

You seem to be using a Word file in .docx which is a (compressed) set of ordinary text files representing the XML code responsible for formatting. Such an open format provides for, among other things, higher information confidentiality and file reliability (meaning failure resistance).
So I wouldn't recommend you removing something in that part.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What to do about custom xml data in Word file

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search