Voice over
Thread poster: ulaw21

ulaw21
Italy
Local time: 03:46
Sep 23, 2004

Dear colleagues,

I was asked to quote voice over services. I have no idea how much shoul I charge. Would you be so kind to give any advice?

regards,

ursula

Direct link Reply with quote

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 04:46
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Dear Urszula, Sep 23, 2004

I remember I have seen many topics on "Voice over" (I just typed "Voice over" in ProZ Search window, marked "Forums" and got at least 20 hits), some of them dealing also with rates (which is not general ProZ policy), therefore I suggest you look also there.

Best Regards,
Uldis

Urszula Widòrek wrote:

Dear colleagues,

I was asked to quote voice over services. I have no idea how much shoul I charge. Would you be so kind to give any advice?

regards,

ursula

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
that depends Sep 24, 2004

Urszula Widòrek wrote:

Dear colleagues,

regards,

ursula
HI! it really depends upon what is required of you. Supposing you have access to a recording lab, then it is expensive. Factors like, what type of software you use, which frequencies are required, whether mono, stereo, what kind of texts, whether you have to deliver cleaned and or uncleaned voice work etc., above all the time frame and the volume.Regards,brandis

ulaw21
Italy
TOPIC STARTER
voice over Sep 29, 2004

Dear Brandis,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I have a recording studio of my own. It is a small one but quite professional. I should be PCM format and at 16-bit Mono at 8KHz.

ulaw21
Italy
TOPIC STARTER
voice over Sep 29, 2004

Thanks a lot.

I will have a look.

Regards

Ula

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Voice over

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search