Looking for translator to interview for dissertation
Thread poster: xxxDaniel Mimna
xxxDaniel Mimna
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Dec 2, 2013

Good afternoon,

I am currently in my final year at Glasgow University and doing a dissertation on the ways in which translation theory can assist interpreters.

I am hoping to find a professional interpreter or translator (preferably with Spanish-English language combinations) to ask a few questions to.

This will provide me with some insight into my research topics and I would be extremely grateful to whoever is willing to help me out. You will, of course, be included in the acknowledgements.

Many thanks in advance,
Daniel

Direct link Reply with quote

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:19
Spanish to English
+ ...
Perhaps around Xmas Dec 2, 2013

I'll be in Glasgow from 24th December until early January if you would like to meet up, although I don't know how helpful my experience would be, as I know very little about translation theory and am more of a hands-on man myself.

I go to the Cybercafe between Kelvinbridge and George's X quite often when I'm back, which could be a good place to meet.

xxxDaniel Mimna
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Email Interview Dec 2, 2013

Thanks very much for the response! I should have added that this is a last-minute thing as the dissertation is to be handed in next Monday 9th December. So I would just be looking to e-mail questions over!

LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:19
Russian to English
+ ...
Hi. I can perhaps help you. Dec 3, 2013

if there are not too many questions.
Lil (my e-mail addresses are in my profile)

I could do it later today, so that you will have it back tomorrow.

[Edited at 2013-12-03 10:39 GMT]

Irene McClure
Local time: 22:19
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Another volunteer Dec 3, 2013

Hi Daniel - if you are still looking for volunteers, I'd be happy to take a look. I'm a translator (not interpreter) and work FR-EN. As a Glasgow Uni graduate myself, always happy to help

Irene

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for translator to interview for dissertation

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search